On Wednesday 02 Jun 2004 14:30, Thinker wrote:
> OK.. got that.
>
> Now, how do I find a list of all the available programs on my machine
> and the commands that execute them?
>
> On Jun 2, 2004, at 8:59 AM, PM wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 15:52, Thinker wrote:
> >> Hello All,
> >>
> >>   I have been installing new programs on and updating my 10.0 official
> >> box for about a week now. I am noticing that none of the programs that
> >> I am adding are showing up in the program menu. Now that I think about
> >> it, a lot of the programs I selected during installation aren't
> >> showing
> >> up there as well. Is there a command I can run to update the program
> >> menu to include every program that is available to me?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> .:Thinker
> >
> >  menudrake
> >
> > Either from a terminal (as user), or (if you're using KDE) right-click
> > on the star  menu icon (usually bottom left).
> >
> > --
> > Paul M.
> > _________________________________

Run menudrake as your user and in the menu style setting select "Use System
Administrator Settings"

You should then get menu items automatically when you install apps.
If still no good then in a terminal run

update-menus -v both as a user and as root.

There are some packages which will screw up menu generation because of errors
in the packaging. If your menus still do not appear properly look at the
error messages from update-menus. (For example in 9.2 fluxbox would screw up
the menus)

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net