On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 00:09, Marek Pawinski wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a D-Link DGE-550T network card installed. When i boot up i get an
> error message that eth0 is not present delaying inialization. It uses
> the dl2k driver. The D-LINK drivers on the web site are for the 2.4
> kernel :-(
>
> Once up i have to manually run the hardware config tool each time to get
> the card working. I have tried modprobe dl2k, does not help. Card works
> fine on knoppix and slax on bootup.
>
> Any ideas ?

Get the source code for the driver if you ain't already got it and
recompile it and see if that does the trick...

stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
mobile: 0410.728.389
Hoare's Law of Large Problems: Inside every large problem is a small
problem struggling to get out.