On Tuesday 08 Jun 2004 01:16, Steve wrote:
> Okay,
>
> I am not a network person but, I have two home computers running Madrake
> 10.0 connected to a D-Link wireless router and I want them to be able to
> share files on each other. How hard is it going to be to accomplish this
> and where do I start?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

There are several different ways of doing what you want.

Here is one way which is not very common but rather easy.
On each computer install the  openssh-server and openssh-clients packages.

Now on your KDE Konqueror URL line enter
fish://[EMAIL PROTECTED]/path/to/directory

where username is a valid user name on the remote computer and hostname is
either the IP address or the name of the remote host as defined in
your /etc/hosts file.
/path/to/directory is the directory name you want to access on the remote
host.

You will be prompted for a user namepassword of the the remote user.
It is possible to configure the system to not prompt for a password.
This page explains more http://www.jennings.homelinux.net/kio_fish.html

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net