On Wednesday 09 Jun 2004 21:51, OOzy wrote:
> What is a good office similar to MS. I need a rich Word processor. I am
> switching from Windows to Linux. At least I don't lose much
> functionality.
>
> BR
Open Office is very similar to MS Office. It has 90% of the same functinality,
it can read and write MS Office format files, and can write to pdf files too.
Unless you are a power MS Word user, you will find Open Office is a complete
replacement for MSWord.

Abiword is much faster and lighter than Open Office. It can read most MS Word
documents, but cannot write them.

Kword is similar to Abiword. It is a little slower, but is integrated into the
KDE environment. Like Abiword it can read MS format, but cannot write it

derek.
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org