On Friday 11 Jun 2004 21:15, Johan Sch wrote:
> Hi,
> Kindly see..ERROR.. how can I fix this please.
> The first update this same error showed .. I created an empty file by that
> name in /etc dir. Maybe something else should be done?
> **
>
> ClamAV update process started at Fri Jun 11 22:05:59 2004
> Reading CVD header (main.cvd): OK
> main.cvd is up to date (version: 23, sigs: 21096, f-level: 2, builder: ddm)
> Reading CVD header (daily.cvd): OK
> Downloading daily.cvd [*]
> daily.cvd updated (version: 350, sigs: 800, f-level: 2, builder: ccordes)
> Database updated (21896 signatures) from database.clamav.net
> (24.244.193.21). ERROR: Clamd was NOT notified: Can't find or parse
> configuration file /etc/clamd.conf
>
> Thanks

This message means that when freshclam is run by your nightly cron job, after
the database was updated it tried to notify the clamd daemon about the new
database.

Either your clamd daemon has stopped running, or else it was not installed in
the first place.
If your daemon has stopped you can restart it with
'service clamd restart'

On the other had you may be using clamav without using the clamd daemon
preferring to invoke clam scanning manually (as I do myself). In which case
you will get this message every time freshclam runs.
Personally I just ignore these messages.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org