John Richard Smith wrote:
Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

John Richard Smith wrote:

Anyone know whether Linux has the equivelant of elibrary or EText Reader ?

Is there a Linux app(s) to work with the elibrary/EText Reader setup like there are in windblows ?

John

I have not found one that will read Microsoft format e-books. The best I have found is a program that will break out the files from one into a directory that you can then read with a web browser. If you run the Windows version, it will extract the files from locked e-books as well. (It uses the windows dll and key to do the unlocking, so I gess it is legal...)

I would even be happy to find a good reader for reading e-books that are formatted for the Palm. (Using Palm software in the emulator is not a good option...) I am sure there is a reader out there - I just have not spent enough time looking...

Mikkel

Thank you Mikkel,
I couldn't find anything in linux at all. Yet I feel there must be.
I guess I'm not looking in the right place.

You don't say the name of the programme ?

John

Sorry about that. The program is called Convert LIT and you can download the source from http://members.lycos.co.uk/hostintheshell/.
(The short name will trigger SPAM filters.)

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!