I am using dvdrip to copy a dvd and during the burn phase I get:

*****************************
ERROR: Cannot open SCSI device '1,0,0' cannot open /dev/sg.
*****************************
The (1,0,0) I put in as the 'cdrecord device' it stands for device location
bus,target,lun

I have nothing called sg in /dev

Everything in /dev pertaining to the cd drive links to device:

"ide/host0/bus1/target0/lun0/cd" (which is why I used 1,0,0)

Note: it says ide not scsi, Is this the problem? (how do I fix?)

fstab contains:
/dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto
umask=0,user,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,noauto,ro,exec 0 0

fdisk -l (does not show any hdc)

fdisk hdc (gives: unable to open hdc)

mount /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom (gives ...)
mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: Wrong medium type

( I have a new CD-R) in the drive)
(all links to: ide/host0/bus1/target0/lun0/cd have no write permissions as do
all mount points.)

This is the extent of what I know. Can anyone help???

Thanks,
Mike