On Sunday 13 June 2004 01:11 am, Amy wrote:
> Chuck MATTSEN wrote:

>>> snip

> >> 2) Convince OOzy to stop using Outlook Express, however there may be a
> >> very good reason for the use of said evilness, like accessing email
> >> from a computer one is not allowed to install things on.

He seems to be jumping between Ximian Evolution and OE -- fairly normal
behavior for newbies.

> > Frankly, I think the notion that Outlook Express /per se/ is at fault is
> > a spurious one, though we all know OE users do hideous things like
> > [ahem] top post ... can you /imagine/??  <shudder>.  Possibly some
> > setting /in/ that person's OE that's causing the incompatibility/crash
> > ... I would think that more likely.

Have you observed this behavior with other OE-generated emails?

> People do hideous things no matter what mail client they use, so I
> figured it'd be more polite to incorrectly finger Microsoft as the
> guilty party, and wait and see if the user stumbled across something
> they hadn't noticed that may be the source of the problem. There's also
> the chance it's something wrong with Thunderbird, however I've so loved
> this client since I tried it the first time, I didn't want to level such
> an accusation against it.

FWIW, I've had no problems with any of his emails in Evolution, MozillaMail or
KMail. Anything at the TBird site?

>>> snip

> On the note of world domination, that's been on my to-do list for a
> while... I just don't expect to get to it right away. I have minions and
> everything already! In fact, one of them is the reason this list has
> only heard stupid questions from me, such as the email issue here, and
> what palm sync program I should use. I have a good source of tech
> support already. ^_^

You'd better get on it now, because I plan to take over the world right after
lunch. Oops. SheThatIs has just informed me that the afternoon will be
devoted to pulling weeds. Well, maybe tomorrow. Oh wait, that's Monday,
always a bad day for world domination. Ok, this week for sure.

-- cmg