Stephen Kuhn wrote:
On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 03:13, David Robertson wrote:

Stephen Kuhn wrote:

On Sun, 2004-06-13 at 21:19, David Robertson wrote:

How can I replace my Gnome (2.4) Trash icon with one of my choice -
"properties" doesn't give me the option to use a custom icon?

I've searched for the appropriate config file and googled, but no joy,
so suggestions would be appreciated.

David

~/home/yournamehere/.gnome-desktop/Wastebasket - it's editable; you can
change:

X-Nautilus-Icon=gnome-fs-trash-empty

to whatever else...(sometimes it works, sometimes it don't)

Ummm, I've just tried to do this - and I don't have /home/der/.gnome-desktop

?

David

Sorry - forgot versions - ok:

/home/der/Desktop/Trash/.directory

You can edit that file (.directory)

Thanks Stephen

OK - this is the modified /home/der/Desktop/Wastebin/.directory file -

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Directory
Icon=/home/der/installfiles/icons/Trashbox.png
EmptyIcon=/home/der/installfiles/icons/Trashbox.png
Name=Trash
Name[af]=Gemors
Name[az]=Zibil
Name[be]=ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ
Name[bg]=ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ
Name[bn]=ÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂ
Name[bs]=SmeÃÂe
Name[ca]=Paperera
Name[cs]=KoÃÂ
Name[cy]=Sbwriel
Name[da]=Affald
Name[de]=MÃÂlleimer
Name[el]=ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ
Name[en_GB]=Wastebin
Name[eo]=Rubujo
Name[es]=Papelera
Name[et]=PrÃÂgikast
Name[eu]=Zaborra
Name[fa]=ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ
Name[fi]=Roskakori
Name[fr]=Corbeille
Name[gl]=Lixo
Name[he]=ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ
Name[hi]=ÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂ
Name[hr]=SmeÃÂe
Name[hu]=SzemÃÂtkosÃÂr
Name[is]=Rusl
Name[it]=Cestino
Name[ja]=ÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂ
Name[ko]=ÃÂÂÃ ÂÃÂÂÃÂÂ
Name[lo]=ÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂ
Name[lt]=Ã iukÃÂliadÃÂÃÂÃÂ
Name[lv]=Miskaste
Name[mk]=ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ
Name[mn]=ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ ÃÂÃÂÃÂ
Name[mt]=Skart
Name[nb]=SÃÂppel
Name[nl]=Prullenbak
Name[nn]=Papirkorg
Name[nso]=Seswaraditlakala
Name[pl]=ÃÂmietnik
Name[pt]=Lixo
Name[pt_BR]=Lixo
Name[ro]=Gunoi
Name[ru]=ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ
Name[se]=Ruskalihtti
Name[sk]=KÃÂÃÂ
Name[sl]=Smeti
Name[sr]=ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ
Name[sv]=Papperskorg
Name[ta]=ÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂ
Name[tg]=ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ
Name[th]=ÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂ
Name[tr]=ÃÂÃÂp
Name[uk]=ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ
Name[uz]=ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ
Name[ven]=Tshikha
Name[vi]=ThÃÂng rÃÂc
Name[wa]=Batch
Name[xh]=Inkukumo
Name[xx]=xxTrashxx
Name[zh_CN]=ÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂ
Name[zh_TW]=ÃÂÂÃÂÂÃÂÂ
Name[zu]=Izibi
Comment=Contains removed files

I've replaced the two icon entries with the desired filename. Makes no difference, though, and every time I edit the file, it saves as .directory~ If I then rename to .directory, log out and restart Gnome - no change.

I'm confused!

Maybe I'll just keep the standard icon.........Thanks for trying, though - any more suggestions?

David
--
Unitam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant