On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 18:18:20 +0300
OOzy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> May be this question is to be asked here but I am asking to know if it
> is feasible.
>
> Can I install program like Octave on my directory in my web host?

Well, installing that should be as simple as typing "urpmi octave" if
you have sources defined properly. I believe it is in contrib. There are
some similar programs in contrib as well -- for instance
macsyma, but that's old and rather clunky compared to something like
Mathematica. Of course, you get what you pay for. Of course, I lack
sufficient skill to make much use of the software (not math expert) but
macsyma seemed rather capable when I tried it out, despite the
clunkiness, which is much nicer if you use the X interface rather than
the command line.

I'm not sure how "web host" enters into this. Are you trying to have
some kind of Web interfacing to Octave? Or, are you just trying to
install the program somewhere else? If the latter, it is possible,
provided you have permission somewhere to write the package to.