Travis Crook wrote:
Hi all,
        Anyone know of a way to run a dedicated DNS server that can be
administrated through a Web interface?  I'm thinking something along the
lines of Smoothwall (firewall) where I can set up a box to be just a DNS
server and nothing else.

Thanks!

Travis; Any of the popular Linux distros will provide what you're looking for. A very basic install of Linux ( Mandrake for example ) which includes "bind" and webmin will do the trick.

I would suggest that you try your favourite Linux distro, and be sure to include iptables ( shorewall is optional, but a web-based interface is included in webmin for both ), webmin, and possibly a light desktop like ICE just in case you need one.

A lot will depend on your server's hardware specs, and anything that you might decide to add later. If you're unfamiliar with webmin, have a look at "www.webmin.com" and keep in mind that it's included with some of the distros, but can also be downloaded and installed for most.

HTH

Lanman