OOzy wrote:
On Sat, 2004-06-12 at 17:40, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

OOzy wrote:

How can I install a 40 GB USB Drive?

OOzy

Is the drive partitioned/formatted? If so, I would plug it in, and then look for new directories in /mnt that should automaticly be created for it. If there are no partitions or filesystems on it, it get a bit harder. You should be able to use harddrake to set up the drive. It will look like a SCSI drive to the system.

Mikkel

The USB drive has two partisions one is FAT32 and the other Linux ex3.

Now, my flash card is mounted like:

none /mnt/removable supermount
dev=/dev/sdb1,fs=ext2:vfat,--,codepage=850,iocharset=iso8859-1,kudzu 0 0

When I plug it appears.

How can I do the same for my 40GB USB drive. Note: My 40GB is
partisioned as mentioned above.

Well, I have not played with supermount, so I don't know for sure. At a guess, I would try adding something like this to /etc/fstab:

none /mnt/ext_hd1 supermount
dev=/dev/sda1,fs=vfat,--,codepage=850,iocharset=iso8859-1 0,0

none /mnt/ext_hd2 supermount
dev=/dev/sda2,fs=ext3,--,codepage=850,iocharset=iso8859-1 0,0

You will have to change /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2 to match what the drive shows up as. I may also have the file systems swapped, depending on how the drive is formatted.

I am susprised that hotplug didn't create these for you. I know that PEN drives, and USB ZIP drives are handled when you plug them in.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!