On Friday 18 June 2004 13:17, OOzy wrote:
> Every time I try to install a program from rpmdrake, it goes for
> initializing. I think it is looking for a connection. How can I
> make rpmdrake not to look for programs on-line. For example I am
> trying to install an FTP client and I am sure there is one on my
> disks; I don't want to get one from on-line.

You have defined your sources as various on-line ones.

You can edit those sources in mcc. Or : browse your CD's, copy the
relevant rpm to some directory, cd directory to that one, become
root and type : urpmi <nameofrpm>.

HTH

Kaj Haulrich.
--
* Sent from a 100 % Microsoft-free computer *
       * http://www.haulrich.net *