Hi,

recently I installed Mandrake 10.0 and installed it on my Samsung P30 laptop
without any problems. Then I try to make my own 2.6.4 kernel. Unfortunately
I need an initial ram disk to run linux. Without a ram disk I have problems
while booting because there appear problems with the DSDT table ...??

OK, with a ram disk i can boot, but during boot process I got the error
message, that the system was not able to unmount the ram disk :

un 16 07:07:58 moon umount: umount: /initrd: device is busy
Jun 16 07:07:58 moon rc.sysinit: Initiale Ramdisk aushängen:  failed

What did I wrong with the kernel??? The default kernel works very well and
it uses a ram disk too.

This Problem occurs also on my dual-cpu PII with Mandrake 9.0.

Thanx for any infos in advance
Steffen

--
+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl