On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 04:53:33 -0300
"Ary Kaplan Nakamura" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm new in Linux and on this email list
>
> I need a Video Editing software and a Video Capture software

Try cinelerra, it's supposed to be very nice for video editing. I
haven't really used it a whole lot. There exists a version on plf
(plf.zarb.org) for Mandrake but it doesn't seem to work at the
moment (see other messages with "cinelerra" in the subject line) but
there does exist a i386 RPM for it. It may have difficulty reading some
types of files. I'm attempting to roll my own version from the source
code but can't ATM get it to cooperate with the current avifile
development library :(, so that probably means no avi support :( :(

Supposedly, "kino" will capbure from your device - but you didn't
mention what device you were indending to use.