Hello list,

I have the following Cd burner:

SONY CD-RW CRX160E

It appears to be mounted fine as K3B and xcdroast can
both see it.  Unfortunately, both act as though there
is no disc in it.  Another symptom is when I am
installing software from the CD's the software
installer asks me to place the CD in /dev/hdc (which
is the cdrom in question) when I do, it keeps asking
me for it.  A third similar symptom is when I place a
CD in it that does have stuff on it and it will not
read it or even place that cool automount icon on the
desktop.

If anyone knows of a way around this, I would
appreciate the help.  If you need more information,
tell me where to find it and I will provide it.

On a side note, this pc was upgraded from RedHat 8.0
and xcdroast worked just fine.

Thanks,

-Jason