On Tuesday 22 Jun 2004 05:05, Pete Doak wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I'm looking for a nice gui based encryption software program. Preferably
> something that will run under KDE, and perform on the fly encryption of
> the files in a directory.
>
> But I'm willing to encrypt the files one at a time too.
>
> I've been using "Kremlin" under windows, and I'm trying to move over to
> linux.
>
> Anybody know of anything like that?
>
> Any info is appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Pete

Why not use an encrypted filesystem?

I have not tried it myself, but if you go to
MandrakeControlCentre>Mountpoints>Partitions

When you create a new partition you have the option to select
"Encrypted File System" as one of the partition types.

A quick Google reveals lots of pages on encrypted file systems such as
http://koeln.ccc.de/archiv/drt/crypto/linux-disk.html

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net