On Tuesday 22 June 2004 21:06, Edgars Smits wrote:
> Someone posted the following info earlier today (of course I
> already deleted it<G>) to the effect that if the system freezes
> the correct procedure is to use:
> ALT+SysReq+r,s,e,i,u,b (I'm assuming not all of them at once)
>
> Where is this documented? If it's not documented what are the
> various options for - r/reboot etc?
>
> Thanks
>
> ED

This was posted by me, but it is documented all over the place. For
example here :

http://www.linuxclues.com/articles/09.htm

The sequence requires some typing acrobatics, pressing <Alt>+<SysRq>
in combination with r,s,e,i,u,b (one letter at a time). The
sequence can remembered mnemotechnically :

Raising Skinny Elephants Is Utterly Boring.

Kaj Haulrich.
--
* Sent from a 100 % Microsoft-free computer *
       * http://www.haulrich.net *