On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 08:33:14 -0500
Hoyt Bailey disseminated the following:

> > ...what was the 'response' when you issued 'startxfce4'?
> X still running if X is not running remove /tmp/.X0-lock

ah, so there is still an X display running on :0, so you need to completely shut
down the X server.

I *believe* you can do that by getting to a command prompt and typing 'init 3'.

This is the problem with using a graphical login, unnecessary headaches. I would
highly recommend going into MCC and under Boot --> Drakboot you can uncheck the
'start graphical blah-blah at boot'.

This way, it is much much easier to try out different WM's, Desktops, etc.

--
JoeHill RLU #282046 /  www.orderinchaos.org
10:43:28 up 8 days, 16:07, 8 users, load average: 1.63, 1.38, 0.75