The move to firefox 0.9 was a bad idea. I downloaded the .tar.gz from
mozilla.org. Besides much of the UI and shortcuts being different, now
my script to open links in a new tab if there's a running window is
broken. In fact, I can't even get the -remote to work at all: it does
not recognize that there is a running window at all.

On the upside, I can just call firefox and get a new window without the
complaints of the profile manager, but that kind of defeats the purpose
(for me) of tab functionality.

Anybody else have this problem and a solution?

Todd

--
Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying,
or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's