-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Hoyt Bailey
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 8:47 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Installing OS 10.0 Problem

On Sunday 27 June 2004 16:25, Dmitri wrote:

> I've run into the same problem continuously when trying to install
10.0.
> Here's the situation:
>
> Downloaded ISO img of mandrake 10.0 disk 1 and burnt to disk.
> Restarted computer with cd in drive and it boots into the installer.
> A few seconds into the install (right after it finishes detecting the
USB
> devices) when it tries to install/make a ramdisk, i get the following
error:

> Command error= 0x51
> <4> end request: I/O error, dev hde, sector 1351356
> Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 337827
>

> The numbers vary after "sector" and "logical block," but the error is
> respectively identical every time. After a while, in the graphic
interface,
> an error box pops up stating that there may be a hardware problem or a
bug in
> linux.
>
> I've tried downloading a new copy of the ISO img and tried that and
the same
> thing happened. Then i downloaded a copy of the ISO off of a different
server
> and it happened again; same place, same problem, same error. I've
tried
> burning the ISO in mandrake and windows. No matter what, i get that
same
> error and the install stops in the same place.
>
> Dmitri

Maybe you should begin suspecting the HD.
--
Regards;
Hoyt

What is hde? on my system it is the first sata disk. That would help in finding where
the error is from.

Tony.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
This message, and any associated attachment is confidential.  If you have received
it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or disclose the information
in any way, and notify either the sender or [EMAIL PROTECTED] immediately.
The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not necessarily
the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd., unless specifically stated.  Whilst every
effort has been made to ensure that emails and their attachments are virus free, it is
the responsibility of the recipient(s) to verify the integrity of such emails.
Business Computer Projects Ltd
BCP House
151 Charles Street
Stockport