On Tuesday 29 Jun 2004 06:34, Marc Lijour wrote:
> Hi
>
> Any of you had some luck with the Lexmark Z33.
> I tried to install it with the driver provided to the Lexmark site.
> 1) I disabled CUPS and installed LPRng
> 2) I run the driver from lexmark
>
> Problem: it does not print when it says it should
> The jobs show on the queue, but /dev/usb/lp0 is not recognized.
> (It was picked up by the driver but then something happened.. or not
> happened)
>
> Help appreciated.

It's been a while so this is from memory and the odd scribbled note.
I had success with a *Z25* USB , this is what I needed to do so it may help
you with the Z33 or it may be of no relevance whatsoever, note that the
package references are for the Z25 *NOT* the Z33

Firstly I did not use printerdrake to set it up, it just didn't work. I tried
this route with no success so I went back into printerdrake and uninstalled
whatever it/I had set up.

For the Z25 I needed to have Enscript and Ghostscript installed
I also need the TCL/Tk libraries installed, so it was a matter of just
URPMI tcl and URPMI tk then, tar -xzvf   CJLZ35LE-1.0-1.TAR.GZ
and then as root I ran the resulting script - something like
sh CJLZ35LE-1.0-1.TAR. sh

the Lexmark installer script then ran, it gave 1 error message about
something not being found and asked if I wanted to continue, I said yes,
and then followed all of the other instructions.
If it is the same as the z25 this might help, if only to give you inspiration.

I succesfully printed from Kmail, Konqueror and OpenOffice.
--
http://www.poogle.co.uk