Hi,

I'm still getting up to speed with Wine, so I can't help with the first one,
but I
had this error too (static glibc req'd).

I went to the Configuration "Package Manager" thing (I think that is what it
is called)
and chose "Install software". From there I typed "glibc" in the search line
and also I
listed the packages by update availability (I think that's what it was). It
did a search
and produced an "Addable" category; in there I was able to identify the
static glibc
libraries. After installing that I was able to compile/configure/install
Wine.

NB: After a conversation on the Wine IRC channel I found out that, contrary
to the
advice in the Wine User Guide, that RPMs are reliable (well, at least those
from the
official winehq.com site) and so I didn't really need to go the the 2+ hour
compile road...

So you might consider grabbing the 06152004 version from the website- it is
the
latest. NB: the graphical configure tool included only works up to the
version before
06152004, but you might not need it anyway, esp. if you are doing a 'no
windows'
install.

Good Luck,
Chuck