Frans Ketelaars wrote:
On Thursday 01 July 2004 16:14, Marek Pawinski wrote:

Hi

I installed an Audigy LS and MDK 10 CE does not pick it up in the
module (shows unknown) in harddrake. I also try to run the config
tool but nothing happens. There are no drivers on the creative site
for this.

Yes. Creative has only Linux drivers for certain cards. Unfortunately Creative also doesn't give all necessary information to the ALSA team to write drivers for all cards. So before buying a card you should consult hardware databases whether your card is supported. There are hardware databases for Mandrake. For soundcards check out http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/ but note that you may have to get a newer ALSA version then is in your distro and have to compile the driver from source. Also note that 'supported' doesn't necessarily mean all functionality (like S/PDIF) is supported. You can complain to Creative about lack of Linux support :)

Anyone have any luck installing the audigy LS ? What other
tools other than alsaconf are there to configure a soundcard ? or
could perhaps someone send me their /etc/modprobe.conf file that has
a audigy card installed.

You seem lucky:

[Alsa-user] Need some people to test Creative Audigy LS support.

From: James Courtier-Dutton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To: alsa-user <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Date: 06/05/04 16:27

I have created an ALSA driver for the Creative Audigy LS.

I would like reports back as to how well, or not it works for you.

The driver and instructions for installing it are on http://www.superbug.demon.co.uk/alsa

Read the install.txt file to find out which other files you need from that web site.

Be aware that it could crash your machine, although it does not crash mine, but make sure you have saved any important work to disc before trying it. E.g. sync

Thanks

James

HTH,

    -Frans

Thanks for the info, i actually was trying the superbug info. Do i have to make the dir ./alsa-driver/pci/emu10k1 in root or does it exist ?

When i patch patch -p1 < ../audigyls.diff.txt i get a error : can't find file to patch at input line 8
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?

and : patching file audigyls.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 26.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file audigyls.c.rej

I did look at the hcl before buying the card and saw audigy so i though hey magic man.

-- Marek