Marek Pawinski wrote:
Hi

I had a problem where one of my machines would reboot every 8 days or so. Now it reboots every few hours. The CPU fan seems to be working every time i look. I tried knoppix on it as well so its not the OS looks like it. Not being much of a hardware man i wonder if anyone knows what could cause this ?

Marek

If the machine is not running hot, then I would check the power supply. You may also want to check the line voltage feeding the machine. You may need to get a UPS for it, just to handle voltage dips. Sometime just putting is a larger power supply will do the trick.

I had to add a small UPS to my two of my sisters' machines. One would reboot or lock up every time the AC kicked in, and the other would have problems every time the silo unloader or bulk tank compressor would start...

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!