Lee Wiggers wrote:
<snip>

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 08:36:07 +0100
Derek Jennings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Put HOSTNAME=black.aeis.tv into /etc/sysconfig/network

derek
--

Which is what I was supposed to do in the first place.

I may have hosed my Apache config as well.  I don't know what's up
but during all this I noted from another box that aeis.tv is off.

Maybe just my ip changed again so I'll check there first.

It does come up from localhost so it can't be too much.

Thanks Derek

Lee

I should have replied to the earlyer message in the thread, but here goes... If you change the hostname in X, you should restart X after doing so. The reasion for this is because X is a client/server setup, and it get programs get confused about how to connect to the screen when you change the name. Also, the authoration is now wrong. I believe there is a mesage about restarting X when you change the host name using the GUI...

The nice part about the client/server aproch is that you can have a program running on another machine, and connected to your local X server. In X, the keyboard/mouse/display is the erver, and the applications are the clients...

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!