Thomas Önskog wrote:
Hello!

I'm having difficulties with my Mandrakelinux 10.0. I have a Intel(R)
82865G Graphics Controller video card, but it seems to be unsupported
by Mandrakelinux. When I start linux, the screen turns black except
for a small box with the message "Video mode not supported". Is my
video card really unsupported or has something gone wrong during the
installation? I would be most grateful for any help or information.

Best Regards,

Thomas Önskog Sweden

It sounds more like your monitor doen't suport the video mode that Linux is using for X. Try hitting the Ctrl-Alt-F1 keys at the same time, and see if that drops you to the console login prompt. If so, then you can run drakconf and change the display configuration to match your monitor.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!