Russell Butler wrote:

Hi Russel,

I also have a Billion 5100 modem/router and have had problems with it
while having it setup as ADSL, it was not detecting the Internet
connection at all while set up with ADSL connection even though it was
picking up the Ethernet connection.
I changed my settings to LAN connection (After all a router is on a LAN)
and I am no longer having any problems with my Internet connection. It
is being detected correctly and using all the settings created on the Modem.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Craig

Sorry this has lost its threading, but I have lost my gmane link, and therefore could not "reply" (see other topic)

Thanks Craig, I have set up as a LAN and certainly no change in communication, so it will be interesting to see if the configuration holds next time I boot

Regards

Russell

If I have this right, the ADSL setting is for when your ISP uses PPPoE or PPPoA to connect. But if your ISP doesn't, or if you are using a hardware firewall, then you use the lan setting. Confusing, isn't it? You have the same prblems setting up a hardware firewall. (Linksys, Netgear, etc...)

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!