EE wrote:

 On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 18:54, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

> EE wrote:
>
>> I know it is obsolete but how can I mount it ?
>>
> What type of ZIP drive? (USB, SCSI, IDE, parrelle port...) In 9.2,
> the USB version mount automaticly at /mnt/zip when you plug it in.
>
> Mikkel

I think IDE because it is internal connected like an harddrive

Ok. Then it should work just fine. I think harddrake will find it, but I am not sure. I know Linux works with the IDE ZIP 100, as I used to have one. You should be able to look in the logs, and see what device it is. It will be /dev/hd? where ? is probably going to be b, c or d. The ZIP disk will be /dev/hd?4 for DOS formatted disks. If you format one ext2 or ext3, you will probably want to create the partition as partition 1. You can use all the normal hard drive utilities with it. Iomaga used to offer Linux utilities for the ZIP drives. You can check the site to see if they still do.

If you want to create /etc/fstab entries for the drive, let me know what device it is, and I will see what I can come up with... (My memory is not as good as it used to be...)

Mikkel