On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Johan Nilsson wrote:

> I have another card linksys 54G based on Broadcom chips. I am using
> ndiswrapper 0.7 and it is up and running. You can check on
> *ndiswrapper*.sourceforge.net to see if your chipset is supported.
> Ndiswrapper was a bit complicated to set up, but doable.
> I had to recompile the kernel, then it all worked out.
>
>From their website:
"Some distributions (e.g. Mandrake 10) already have ndiswrapper installed.
If you install ndiswrapper from source need to make sure you remove the
old version before installing the new. You can locate installed
ndiswrapper module(s) by running find /lib/modules/`uname -r` -name
ndiswrapper.ko"

That is good news.  I couldnt tell what specific chipset the buffalo card
uses, but I think I will take a chance and get the card.  Worst case
scenario, I get the linuxant drivers.