On Thursday 08 July 2004 07:07 pm, Guy Rouillier wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 16:54:50 -0600
>
> "Scott Mazur" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Stay away from ATI all-in-wonder
> > cards (as I've learned).
>
> Darn, I was hoping to get one of those for the next computer I build.
> No chance of that working under Mandrake, eh?  Thanks for the heads up.

I wouldn't say that.  I've had them and they worked fine.  It probably depends
on which one you have.  Radeon support is actually pretty good in the xorg
xserver, so it depends on the tuner chip and if it a bt878 you should be good
to go.

I personally use a Leadtek Winfast 2000XP.  I had to tweak it a little to get
it set up since it didn't auto-detect correctly, but ince I got the correct
module parameters to load, it works fine.

Also, don't count on using the infra-red remotes that come with a lot of
cards.  There is a project to try and get them going like any other keyboard
device in X, but it is not ready for prime time.
--
/g