Todd Slater wrote:
Well, sorta OT--I'm looking to get a keyboard and mouse for my kids
that are better (ergonomically) than adult-sized keyboards and mice.
The manufacturer lists Windows or Mac as requirements, but I'm
assuming that means to run the typing software that comes with it,
and perhaps to program the programmable mouse buttons. A keyboard and
mouse shouldn't require drivers, should they?

Todd

They normaly don't for the basic functions. It is usualy the special keys that require a driver. Things like volumn control on the keyboard, or one button open a specific web site. From what I understand, you can usualy capture the code these buttons send, and have them do things in Linux as well. When it comes to mice, defining the extra buttons when you have 5 buttons and a scroll wheel can be a chalange, but basic mouse functions usualy isn't.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!