On 7/10/2004 at 11:33 AM, mike ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

m> Hello,
m> something I was wondering about, when I create a file and modify it
m> a backup is made automatically. I have seen it before but never
m> wondered to much figureing it helps keep me from screwing up a lot
m> of things.

m> What is doing the backups? Just curious.

m> Mike

Do you modify it with emacs or nano(pico)? if so, they automatically make backups.
There's a command line switch to disable this behavior if you want it to.

Justin Grote
Network Architect, CCNA
JWG Networks
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (remove nospam-)
SMS:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (remove nospam-)
Phone: (208) 631-5440