Chris wrote:
On Monday 12 July 2004 06:41 am, Lanman wrote:

Just in case someone hasn't heard of this yet, I thought I'd post a link
for Linux Meetups. Meetups are very informal gatherings of people with
similar interests.

Have a look at this site, and see if it's something you might enjoy.

http://linux.meetup.com/

Lanman

Thanks for the info Lanman, I'll have to try and drag a friend of mine to one in Temple, Tx.

You're Welcome Chris. They have one in Temple? WoW! Next thing you know, they'll be holding them in Spuzzum (Population = 7!), British Columbia!

I haven't been to a Meetup in a while, due to my workload, but I found it was a great way to meet new friends and to get help on sticky problems.

Most of the ones I attended were at coffee shops and since I'm a sucker for a good coffee, I just had to go! Once they opened a Starbuck's next to my office though, I just haven't been motivated to get away much.

Didn't know it was still legal to drag people in Texas, but I guess some things never change! Grin!

I've even heard that Texstar goes to one of the Meetups in Texas, but don't quote me on that.

Lanman