On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 11:36, Aron Smith wrote:
> On Saturday 17 July 2004 05:15 pm, Clint Harshaw wrote:
> > Hi all! Is there a shortcut to install everything on the CD set? I'm
> > coming from RH/FC which had a selection to install everything with one
> > particular selection. My first look at Mandrake made me think I had to
> > go through each selection/subselection/subsubselection menu to put check
> > marks in each and all packages. Did I miss a faster way to carry out the
> > complete installation?
> >
> > Thanks very much,
> > Clint
> Everything is a lot more than you want or need or have drive space for
> Just install what you need and then install the other stuff later as needed

I always like to copy my CD sources onto the local HD (yeah, I've got
space to burn); then after the installation (especially if I'm doing it
on a customer's box) you never have to slap CD's around; then ya run run
the rpmdrake and snag everything (or at least everything you could
possibly want or need)...ditto with the contrib stuff...

stephen kuhn - proprietor