John Wilson wrote:

On July 17, 2004 06:24 am, Richard Urwin wrote:

On Thursday 15 Jul 2004 8:03 pm, Ron Hunter-Duvar wrote:

On July 15, 2004 12:51, Graham Watkins wrote:

Literally

<http://www.guardian.co.uk/online/news/0,12597,1254911,00.html>

At least they haven't (yet) started trying to use our bodies to generate power ;^). When they're granted a patent on that, I'll start getting nervous.

"The patent says the body could generate the power needed to run its various attached devices in a similar way to self-winding watches."

<snippity snip snip>

Try to take the things off and you'll find that all those doors that
open automatically by pushing them (bank, office, home) don't work any
more, because they aren't reading a password from your cyber-ware.

Even more worrying you're locked out of the bathroom just as you need desperately need it. Or, worse, you're locked in after.

Of course such things don't take into account playful house cats, kittens or puppies.

Nor do they do much for those of us who work in trades where our skin and clothes are often subject to dirt, grime, grease, hammers, slivers, direct sunlight and electricity.

I'm just trying to think of what this device would do after I've been jolted by ringing generator while working on someone's phone line.

Fine for suits in clean rooms but probably pretty useless to the rest of us.

ttfn

John

You guys all seem sure that MS actually plan to release a product based on this.. I'd say that is unlikely.
I also think it will be thrown out the first time it is challanged, they didn't even difine a method by which the data or power is transfered. no protocols, no schemas, nothing. all they patented was an "idea"

I'd say they are likely to try and sit on it, and later one when someone else does all the work, there will be MS, holding out their hands.
Thats the way the IP industry is corrupted nowdays.. and you think MS would be any different?

rgds

Franki