Carroll Grigsby wrote:
On Sunday 18 July 2004 05:53 pm, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

snip

Try booting to DOS, and run "fdisk /mbr" and see if that fixes it. (Undocumented option in DOS fdisk to restore the Master Boot
Record.)

Mikkel

Mikkel: I believe that in the newer versions of Windows the command
is now "fixmbr". The new name is yet another Microsoft innovation
aimed at improving the user experience; less keystrokes, and no more
searches for that pesky "/" thing. Ah, progress. -- cmg

Thanks for the update - I may need it one of these days.  I don't have
much experence with Windows past 98...  Maybe I will buy my next machine
with XP installed, just so I can play with it...  (Novel concept -
buying a complete machine from one place, complete with OS installed...)
:)

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!