One other oddity, though.  When leaving LogDrake using the Save button, the
system starts chomping at 100% CPU.  I watched it do that for 7 minutes and
then closed the window and tried again with the same result.  It has all the
appearance of an infinite loop (100% CPU, then a drop to about 98%, then back
to 100% at regular intervals).  Seems like there's still something wrong
related to LogDrake . . .

I had to hardware restart the system a couple of days ago -- any way to check
if critical files got munched?  Known bug?