> Hi All,
>
> I went up to 10OE yesterday, and now my CD ROM drives arent automounting.
> If
> youre installing something, and Mandrake asks for something, it will open
> the drawer and load from the CD ok.
>
> However, stick a cd in, and that's it, no desktop icon, and if you go
> into /mnt/cdrom/, just a blank page.
>
> How can I turn Automount on? I have looked, but cant see!

What WM are you using?

I have the answer at home, but i'll try to remember here:

Read the release notes for the either the 2.6 kernel or Mandrake itself,
there's a small paragraph on supermount or automount that says they are
disabled by default, and some other kde/gnome usable thing replaced it.
Just do a text search for supermount or automount.

I uninstalled that (i don't use gnome or kde) and re added the supermount
stuff.

HTH,
eric