On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:39:00 -0300
Josenildo Marques <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Em Dom, 2004-07-11 ās 23:53, David E. Fox escreveu:

> Let me know how it goes. I've done it before with 9.2 and it worked.
> I'm about to do it again on 10.0

No go (at least for the first part) -- there is just nothing coming out
of the speakers. Other sounds work. I tried "Test Sound" in KDE config
menu under Sound - OK on "Test Sound" but nothing on "Test Midi".

I may try the other possible method listed in that file next, probably
tomorrow or another day. Should you get this working in 10.0, please
advise.

One point - the content of my /etc/modules.conf ATM looks like:

probeall scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx
probeall usb-interface usb-uhci
alias agpgart via-agp
alias eth0 tulip
above snd-emu10k1 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-slot-0 snd-emu10k1
options snd-emu10k1 enable=1

I'm confused slightly on these settings. When my box boots up, I
definitely see the "Using Alsa driver" emu10k1 message. Now IIRC, the
"snd" part means I'm using the ALSA, right? The line "above " tells me
I'm using oss though, if I interpret it correctly. I did fiddle with the
settings a couple of times, and through a number of reboots later got it
to finally spit out "Using ALSA driver" but I'm thinking that the
particular driver was always there -- because when I launch kmix I get
a large number of sliders (with the other driver I only get a few, and a
missing /dev/sequencer. (Trying to cat a midi to /dev/sequencer results
in a no space left on device message).

The second part mentions kmidi, which I do not seem to have. But if I
run "urpmi kmidi" I get "everything already installed" - but no output
if I do "urpmf /usr/bin/kmidi". Seems perhaps I'll need to rerun urpmi.
I did that, still no kmidi, that package seems to not be part of 10.0.