On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 13:47, Brian Parish wrote:
> I am using gtk-gnutella and have noticed that in recent times, whatever
> I enter as search criteria, I get back heaps of whatever-I-typed-in.exe
> files found.  I have always ignored them, but does anyone have a clear
> idea what these are about?
>
> cheers
> Brian

Sometimes people "hide" mp3's by renaming them to .EXE files; kinda
throws off the wolves as it were...you might "test" one - once
downloaded, rename it to .MP3 and play it...if it's not an MP3, well,
obviously you won't be able to play it, ya?

stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services :: a kuhn media australia venture
http://kma.0catch.com  :: mobile 0410.728.389
Serving Sydney, The Illawarra, South Coast and Rural NSW
  Mandrake GNU/Linux 10.0 OE/Kernel 2.6.3-7/ No Viruses here.

We know next to nothing about virtually everything. It is not necessary
to know the origin of the universe; it is necessary to want to know.
Civilization depends not on any particular knowledge, but on the
disposition to crave knowledge. -- George Will