On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 13:12:36 +1000
Stephen Kühn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Subject says it all.
> >
> > Grpmi got me up and running, after menu upgrade, etc. but mouse
> > goes nuts if I kvm boxes and scrollwheel works sometimes.
> >
> > I'll do the usual, but if someone has been here, same me a day
> > or two.
> >
> > Lee
>
> Just thought of something that I did and usually always do: I
> install GPM (urpmi gpm) which is the console mouse for text mode;
> as well, I had to edit the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and make sure it
> was forced to MY mouse (MS Intellimouse) and the mappings were
> correct - and I set up a cron job that reloads the gpm service
> every hour...
>
> stephen kuhn - proprietor

I noticed in mcc that the mouse setting was auto instead of "generic
wheelmouse".  I tried to change it and couldn't.  I logged out and
entered mcc w/o x and changed it there.

On the second try, it worked and the mouse is fine now.

gpm sounds interesting.  Hmmm, another bit to play with....

Thanks, all

Lee