** Reply to message from Lee Wiggers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Tue, 3 Aug 2004 03:38:20
+0000

Hi Lee & Team

> On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 23:01:10 +1000
> "Mark Rogers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Team
> >
> > Thanks to all those who have given invaluable help over the last
> > few weeks. One last item (for the moment) that I need to do is
> > setup my system (which is always on) to reboot once a day. Im
> > doing this to ensure there are no problems while absent from the
> > machine for a couple of weeks. (And will be 10,000km from the
> > machine). The machine will not be logged on as 'root' and my
> > security limit is set pretty high (i.e. the reboot command needs
> > to be looged in as 'root' before it executes). Anyone have any
> > idea of how I should go about doing this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Yours Sincerely
> >
> > Mark A Rogers
> > Orion Solutions
> > PO BOX 1492
> > Wodonga Vic 3689
> > www.orionsolutions.com.au
> > Phone +61 2 6056 5455
> >

> I have to ask.  Why do you want to reboot?

I will be a long way away from the machine in question, and its a new setup. I have
seen it freeze once in the last two weeks and I cant have it doing the same when Im
away from it. (Possibly hardware but at this stage Im uncertain). Hence the need to
ensure it keeps working by giving it a reboot every 24 hours. I just cant afford to
have it go down, even though it probably wont.... but know murphys law it probably
will.

> Lee

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
> Join the Club : http://www.mandrakeclub.com