On Wednesday 04 August 2004 12:41 pm, Gregory Croes wrote:
> Hallo guys,
> I want install thight vnc server but I dont know how to setup thight
> vnc with an dynamic IP. Neither I do know if  linux has an special
> program for these kind of services(if you know please tell me). I do
> have an NO-IP subscription (my dynamic ip services provider). Do
> someone know something about  this?

Yes I have just set this up myself with a no-ip account and it works
well. What you need to do is start the vnc server should be in
>>Internet>Remote access>Virtual network connection, then make sure you
select allow control of my machien, supply a password then click
connection.  Now from the computer you want to use to connet from start
the same program, in the remote server box put your no-ip address in
the display number put 0 "zero"  and enter the password you supplied
for the server and click connection. Thats about all there is too it.
Oh if you are firewalled on the server you will need to open port 5900.
HTH

Regards,
Dan Gordon
--
Wed Aug  4 13:19:12 EDT 2004
 13:19:12 up 16:54,  0 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00