Eterm is a pretty robust alternative you might want to take a look at.
"Eterm -O --buttonbar 0 --cursor-text-color white --shade 50 -c gray -f
white -b gray"

That gets me what I need at least

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Marc Hultquist wrote:

MH: Does anyone know atem really well ? I am basically trying to do a few things
MH: with it, and then obviously when I have figured it out, I will add it into my
MH: fluxbox menu as a launcher.
MH:
MH: I am trying to do the following:
MH: 1. Set the Background to be transparent through to my desktop background.
MH: (Like you can do with gnome-terminal.)
MH: 2. Set the font.
MH: 3. Set the borders to be a certain size.
MH:
MH: Now I see the command as being as follows:
MH: aterm +tr +trsb -sh 80 -fade 80 -tint blue
MH:
MH: BUT no matter what I try, I still get the standard and well I have to say ugly
MH: window :p I got it working like 6 months ago, but I lost the config and since
MH: then I have not been able to get it working again :\ Kinda Blows but I would
MH: LOVE to get it working again ! Any help would be appretiated, and YES before
MH: anyone asks or tells me, I have rtfm and read the man page. :\
MH:
MH: Kind Regards
MH:

--