-----Original Message-----
From: Doug McGarrett [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 1999 8:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: mcopy corrupts floppies

Microsoft has fucked up the format routine so that any deviation from
what they expect fails.  For instance, if you use a demagnetizer on the
disk, MS will choke. You have to find a format program from some
independent source, and use it to format floppies that MS doesn't like.
(Run it from a DOS window.)  Old DOS (3.1) would format anything.
Why not format the disks from Linux?  The archives have it, recently.

Please copy this to the list.  I can only write to it from my Linux OS as
user, and that is not working at present, unfortunately.

--doug