On Monday 09 August 2004 17:54:05, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> I've got Mandrake 10.1 beta1 installed and am in the process of doing
> some upgrades.  I've managed to get main, contrib, and PLF sources
> installed, but I'm having some issues getting jpackage.  I think this is
> where I get the java packages from.
>
> Here's the error I'm getting (I've tried several jpackage mirrors with
> the same result):
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] trey]# urpmi.addmedia jpackage
> ftp://ftp.uio.no/linux/Mandrakelinux/devel/cooker/i586/media/jpackage
> with media_info/hdlist.cz
> added medium jpackage
> examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf.cz]
> examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.contrib.cz]
> examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.main.cz]
> retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "jpackage"...
>
> ftp://ftp.uio.no/linux/Mandrakelinux/devel/cooker/i586/media/jpackage/media
>_info/hdlist.cz
>
> ...retrieving failed: curl: (9) Couldn't cd to media_info
> retrieval of source hdlist (or synthesis) failed
> no hdlist file found for medium "jpackage"
> examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.jpackage.cz]
> problem reading synthesis file of medium "jpackage"
> unable to update medium "jpackage"
>

> Is this a problem with the mirrors or can I do something different?
>
> Thanks.

Start with urpmi.removemedia -a and start over from scratch. The media
additions that are copied below are what I'm using. They work. That's the
best I can say about anything related to Mandrake mirrors today. I added PLF
at the bottom so you  just skip that one when you copy and paste if your
choice has worked. I just like to give a complete answer. (-;

The tree structure for the mirrors has changed again and that's causing
aggravation and confusion. It should, I sincerely hope, be temporary. This
will get you the jpackage list and whatever you wanted to install:

urpmi.addmedia main
ftp://ftp.proxad.net/pub/Distributions_Linux/Mandrakelinux/devel/cooker/i586/media/main

with media_info/hdlist.cz

urpmi.addmedia contrib
ftp://ftp.proxad.net/pub/Distributions_Linux/Mandrakelinux/devel/cooker/i586/media/contrib

with media_info/hdlist.cz

urpmi.addmedia jpackage
ftp://ftp.proxad.net/pub/Distributions_Linux/Mandrakelinux/devel/cooker/i586/media/jpackage

with media_info/hdlist.cz

urpmi.addmedia plf ftp://ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/linux/plf/mandrake/cooker
with hdlist.cz

The reason I'm pushing you to the proxad mirror is simple, I know it's
current. The rest I ain't so sure about.

Have fun!

Charlie
- --
Edmonton,AB,Canada User #244963 at http://counter.li.org
Mandrakelinux release 10.1 (Beta 1) for i586 kernel 2.6.8-0.rc2.2mdk
18:03:29 up 4 days, 6:56, 1 user, load average: 0.11, 0.24, 0.29
All is well that ends well.
                -- John Heywood