On Tuesday 10 August 2004 10:24 am, Alan wrote:
> stupid question.
>
> Is there a gui based dialer for linux to connect through a
> pppoe connection?
>
> I currently use adsl-connect.
>
> Thanks

    You should be usin 'adsl-start', -connect is for problem
connections and only <Ctrl-c> will kill it.  Anyhow...

    The gui is  rp-pppoe-gui      It's on your CD's

    To run it, type 'tkpppoe' as root to set it up, after that you
can use it as user if you select that option during setup.  The
rpm will also install a menu item named Tkpppoe under Internet |
Remote Acess   (KDE).

    Personally I find it easier to start/stop the connection from
the CL usin aliases to save typing.  Mostly I just leave it up
24/7 bringing it down only for system shutdowns (kernel change).
    alias dsl='adsl-start'
    alias dsld='adsl-stop'
Just because these commands require root privilege, doesn't mean
you're online connected as root.
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas
               Proud to be an American