Many thanks, Bryan and Jason. I installed ACPI RPMs and enabled it through MCC
last night but the problem is still there. In fact the situation became worse
after enabling ACPI, I had to press "power-off" button quite a while (> 10
seconds) to trun it off when rebooting. Previously what I need is a gentle
touch.

I checked the lilo.conf file and found only "acpi=ht", but no "acpi=on" thing,
is this right? Surely ACPI was up. I also removed "acpi=ht" from lilo but it
didn't work. By the way, I have set a bootup password. Will this cause any
problem?

Bests,

Q.H.