On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:09:22 -0400, Bryan Phinney wrote:

> On Thursday 12 August 2004 06:59 pm, Aron Smith wrote:

> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)
> >           by mail7.speakeasy.net (qmail-ldap-1.03) with SMTP
> >           for <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; 12 Aug 2004 20:39:36 -0000
> snip
> The fact that you are getting this is pretty much proof that this is an
> effective tactic.  All you need to do is add stmrewards3.com and their entire
> netrange, for that matter, into a firewall deny list and simply drop their
> shite at the door.
>
> The slimy scum, BTW, is Silver Train Media

Clearly, Bryan recognizes these folks. In general, however, I would caution you to
always check the IP address in the Received: header with Whois before you "deny" a
domain name. The domain name can be forged, but the IP address in the Received: header
that includes your e-mail address is the only part of an e-mail header that cannot be
forged. If the domain name is forged, then denying it won't stop that particular
problem. You would have to deny the IP address.

deedee

Registered Linux User #327485
Visit "WordStar & GNU/Linux"
http://www.wordstar2.com